Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Beetroot Veggie Burger

I know this is not time-for-a-cake-post, but since it´s lunch, there needs to be something healthy,satisfying and mouth watering for lunch. And since I am on my 40days detox period before the upcoming Easter, I always choose some new and exciting recipes to try out. Actually I do it almost for a year now. I changed my eating habits, I think before I eat, I read about what I eat, I appreciate every healthy bite of food that comes to me.
I´ve started replacing and trying out what´s out there for me in an approach of being a healthy living person, being a full of energy person and being a total (good) food lover. And I´m telling you, there must be something for me when I´m hungry all the time (I carry different kind of nuts in my bag at all times) , otherwise I change into a hungry and nervous monster. Oh, my boy could tell you all about it!

Today, on our way back from grocery shopping, we´ve finally experienced rainy weather in England. I actually enjoyed the rain, I´d say I love standing in rain and just breathing. Simplicity.
After coming home around noon, I was starving! So why not to try a veggies burger? I had some beetroot in my fridge, we bought a really nice feta cheese and some sprouts. The choice was made. And, I have to tell you that it was one of the best burgers I´ve had. For real.

Beetroot Veggie Burger
(Inspired by The Green Kitchen)



2-3 grated beetroots
1 happy egg
3/4 cup oats (I used quick cooking oats, but rolled oats will work just fine)
handful of fresh basil leaves (cut into pieces)
1/2 chopped onion
2 chopped cloves garlic
1-2 tbls olive oil, cold pressed
Feta cheese (I used half of a packet)
freshly ground pepper
sea salt

for the topping:
avocado(I had some leftover avocado from yesterday- we made our first very own sushi!)
tomatoes
lettuce
onion

Mix grated beetroot, egg, oats, onion, garlic, olive oil, crumbled feta cheese with basil salt and pepper. Let stand for 1/2 hour, so the oats can absorb liquid. Heat up a pan on medium heat. Put a little bit of coconut oil on a pan and make your beauty burgers by making balls and flattening them using fingers. Cook/grill until golden brown on each side.
Grill your buns/slices of bread, fill up the buns according to your taste.. and enjoy with as much love as I did. Yum!

               
           


No comments:

Post a Comment