Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Oatmeal Cookies

After a few cold, rainy and windy days, the flue decided to attack my boy. I´ve immediately made him a real stock, so he has something warm and full of vitamins to heal his weak body with.
We are having our 2 days off work. So by the time my boy is trying to get better, I´m healing my soul with baking.
When I was on my exchange year in the USA, everywhere I went, there were cookies on a table. I was not a real fan of them (until now) but always tried them. Then I came across this ridiculously easy recipe, so I just gave it a try. And, I´m telling you, this is a keeper. Crunchy on the outside, but chewy in the middle. Perfectly sweetened, with a hint of coconut and chunks of melted chocolate. I´m in!
And I made myself these lovelies yesterday, and there are NONE left. I think that´s a real proof. :)





Oatmeal Cookies
(Inspired by Teresa Cutter)

2 cups rolled oats (I used three different kinds - rye, barley and oat)
8 tbls shredded coconut
4 tbls coconut oil
4 tbls honey
1 egg
good quality dark chocolate, cut into pieces

Mix together oats, coconut, oil, honey and egg. Let sit for about 10-15 minutes until the oats absorb a little bit of a liquid, the mix in the cohoclate chunks.
Using your hands, take a spoonful of your cookies mixture and form little disks and put them on your baking sheet lined with baking paper.
Bake at 160°C until golden, which is about 15-20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.

Happy Baking, happy healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment